Monday, October 16, 2006

Givers vs Takers

I was having this chat with Josephine last thursday about Takers and Givers. I was wondering should I post this entry or not. After much consideration, I decided to write this post so that I can sort out my thoughts as well...

All relationships (friends and lovers) will have takers and givers. Lets start with the giver...

Giver:
This is the person who sorta "gives" to this relationship... A giver will place the other people in the relationship first... He/She will organise the outings... He/She will be the one who will listens to your problems... He/She will remembers your birthday/anniversaries and will prepare presents for you... He/She will be happy if you are happy... And most importantly, he/she does not expect any returns from anybody in that relationship ( this is what Miss J told me)... Basically a giver is someone who gives to the relationship...

When there is a giver, there will be takers...

Taker:
This is the person who takes from the givers mentioned above... He/She will be the one who goes to the outings... He/She will be the ones who will receive the presents but seldom gives them... He/She may not remembers your birthday/anniversaries but will wish you if he/she remembers... He/She will tell you their problems if they want to... But most inportantly (I think), this person is the one who will make the giver happy in a relationship...

I realised that I am both a taker and a receiver... I give in some relationships and I take in other relationships... How about you? No matter what, if u are a giver dun expect any returns and continue to give and if you a taker appreciate the giver and try to be a giver sometimes...

P.S. This post is purely my opinion and point of view... If u got anything to add or u thing is not right? U may wanna tag me...

No comments: