Friday, October 27, 2006

Mirror

Do u like to look at urself in the mirror? Congrats if u like urself in the mirror, cos I HATE looking myself in the mirror... I dun mind looking at myself in the mirror if I can only see the 'face' part of me (apparently that is the best part of me), but I really hate to see myself if I can see the 'whole' of me... Eeeks...

Since young, I have very low self esteem. I dun feel good about myself, hated myself even. And I can tell u that it hasnt improve much throughout the years... I feel disgusted by my own body... Be it the size, shape or anything... Its disgusting... (Lucky I still got my face)... Thats y I hate looking into a full size mirror... That is also why, my personal trainer in gym keep telling me to look into the mirror for the correct posture, but i just cannot bring myself to it... I really cant... Sigh...

Think I will regain, no not regain, have confidence and a higher self esteem if I can really slim down to the 'perfect' size...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Surely ur self-worth; self-esteem cannot be hinged on ur body figure?!?

Of course, the more presentable u are, the more confident u'll be in interacting with others.

Jia you bah. when u look urself in the mirror next time, see the future u, one of confidence and oomph!

PS: Looking into the mirror for the correct posture is very important, less u exert the wrong set of muscles groups and injured urself in the excercise regime. And u will delayed Project Superbod!

Anonymous said...

I have the exact sentiments as the commentor above me.

Why feel inferior because of your body? And what is 'perfect' body? Who should be the one who define 'perfect' anyway? What may be 'perfect' to the others might not be perfect for you. And vice versa.

There is no perfect thing in the world. A guy can be a total knockout in appearance and looks, but in the end he'll be a nobody if he doesn't have the character to match it up with. And usually if you have the looks, you don't have the character. (I said, 'usually', so don't get offended okay? :P)

Don't focus so blindly on your appearance. Whatever beauty, whatever muscles, however lean your body is... all these will fade and age as time goes by. Turn inwards and look at who you really are. It's your inner-beauty that will withstand time. It will never fade away. Love yourself, and be proud of who you are, not how you look. :)